In Vitro Fertilisation - A Clinical Innovation
What is IVF?
- In vitro fertilisation is a process by which an egg is fertilised with an active sperm outside the body, hence the term IN VITRO.
AIIMS Fertility & IVF Professor in Fertility in Delhi NCR have always given reassurance to their patients with their clinical innovation in the medical field relating to pregnancy issues. In vitro fertilisation or IVF have been able to capture the attention of the public ever since its introduction in 1978 when the first ever successful test tube baby was born.
According to the best gynaecologist in Delhi NCR, IVF is considered as one of the most effective treatments in getting successfully pregnant when all the other methods of assistive reproductive technologies have failed.
This particular method of assistive reproductive technology has been made available to most of the civilised areas in many parts of the world. This has helped the medical field to allow IVF to evolve into a medical procedure that is considered as safe, efficient, effective and easily accessible to the public.
The best IVF doctor in Delhi NCR has treated patients with medical conditions in infertility using treatments like IVF, IUI, ICSI, IMSI, egg donation, sperm donation, embryo donation and embryo freezing. Due to the advancement in this field more than 4 million babies have been born to date.
According to the IVF Best Fertility doctor in Delhi NCR, IVF can be considered the first option in getting pregnant under the following conditions:
- If an egg donor is being used
- If the couple requires a surrogate
- In case of male infertility
- If a woman’s fallopian tube is blocked
Here is a step-by-step break-up of the entire IVF procedure which will help you to understand this treatment in much better and simpler way.
- As said before IVF is nothing but egg getting fertilised by an active sperm cell outside the body
- In some cases, the sperms need a little extra help during the fertilisation process. In order to achieve that successful pregnancy, the best IVF Success rate Doctor with best success rate in Delhi NCR says, ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection needs to be used. This method Is generally practised in case of severe male infertility or previously cryopreserved eggs.
- Once the egg has come in contact with the sperm, the fertilised egg is then cultured for around 2-6 days in shallow containers known as Petri dishes.
- Once the embryo has been formed, it is then transferred to the mother’s uterus with the intention of creating a successful pregnancy.
The IVF success rates according to the Best IVF Success rate Doctor in Delhi NCR depends mainly on the following factors:
- Age - women at a younger age have a higher chance of IVF success. The success rate reduces with age as older women have a lower number of eggs and lower quality as well.
- Success rate also depends upon your previous pregnancy. If you have been previously pregnant with the same partner who has been undergoing an IVF treatment, then the success rate chances have a higher probability.
- The success rate of IVF treatment depends on ovulation. Infertility problems such as ovulation dysfunction, uterine abnormalities, fibroid tumours tend to decrease the chances of the IVF treatment bring a success.
- To have a higher IVF success rate, women over 35-40 years should significantly consider the use of donor eggs, because of the quality of the eggs and the age of the donor matters.
- To have a higher chance of getting pregnant with IVF treatment make sure that your lifestyle habits are good. These factors can reduce the chances of pregnancy:
- Oversight or obese
- Make sure you choose the best IVF fertility clinic because the centre that you choose for your treatment also plays a vital role and can greatly affect your IVF success rate. Consider the following factors before you decide on a clinic:
- The training and experience of the clinic and its staff
- The live birth rate per cycle
- The number of people pregnant with multiples
- The laboratory that is used by the clinic and the qualifications of the staff
- The type of patients that come to the clinic I.e their age and the fertility problem
Always remember to research well about IVF treatments, its success rate, the risk that is involved, the cost that comes along with it. By doing so you will have a clear picture of the treatment and can also help you get pregnant.